Tuesday, July 13, 2010

10 Things Tuesday



10 Things I Love


1. Summer

As a child I loved summer- the smell of grass, the beach, trips to Bathurst or Cape Breton, no school, late nights, drive-in movies and time! As an adult, I love summer because of no school, time with my girl, sunshine, camping, swim meets, and time!

2. Coffee


I never liked the taste of coffee in university but loved the smell. Part way through my first year of teaching I began to drink it, then love it. I am fond of the dark roasts- Guatamalen, Sumatra, etc...and I love a Vanilla Latte from Starbucks.

3. Taking Pictures

I love to take pictures- always have. Still remember my Kodak 110 and how excited I was to have my own camera. Now I love my Canon S3 IS but dream of a Canon Rebel. Regardless of the tool it is the pictures and memories I love most of all. My dad is a picture nut as was grandfather. I guess it is a Meikle thing. LOL!

4. Reading

I love to read, and read and read. Since school finished I have read 6 novels. Like candy after lent- it is so nice to read what I want to read rather than writing and textbooks, teacher guides, curriculum documents and PD articles and books.


5. Hockey

My heart belongs to the Canadiens since I was 5 years old. What a run they had this year. My daughter chose not to play initiation hockey and I had resigned myself never to be a hockey mom...then in the fall of her novice year she decided she wanted to play. Three great seasons of being a hockey mom have made me so happy and proud.

6. Scrapbooking



Taking pictures and adding the history, notes, time is something I always did with my pictures and photo albums. Now I can make it an art. LOVE learning new things. Love to scrap.


7. Grey's Anatomy


I love Cristina and Meredith. I take great joy in their relationship and the whole DER-MER love story. It makes me laugh, cry and think.


8. Glee
Love being a GLEEK. The music, the cattiness, the laughter. Happiness that I can relive through the tunes.


9. Chocolate

The darker the better. Love it.

10. Love

I love my family. My daughter makes me feel love all the time, my husband too. I am blessed. I watched the Olympics and the announcer said I love love after watching Charles Hamelin race and Mariane St Gelais cheering.

1 comment:

  1. Great job :) I think your list could have easily been MY list!!!

    ReplyDelete